Friday, January 16, 2009

Holy Cards All Over the Place

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

One of my New Year's resolution was to declutter our home. But this time I am taking a different approach. I started in one area of our bedroom. I completely organize that area before moving on to the next area. I do one area a day so not to overwhelm myself like I have done in the past. It is my estimation that by this time next year, I will have have reached my goal of complete decluttering of our home.

As I declutter and organize I am finding lots of holy cards that I have tucked into books, the Family Bible, drawers, etc. I now have a little pouch full of holy cards I had forgotten I had saved. I know somewhere by my desk is another pouch full of Holy cards. I don't know where exactly where they are, but it's here somewhere...at least I hope so.

So now the Holy cards are getting out of hand. Whenever, I need just one, I have to go through an entire pile just to get the one I am looking for. This is not counting the Holy card collection Joey started when he was a little boy. Like for instance, this past Christmas I wanted to tuck a Holy card in the Christmas Cards we sent out. I had to make sure the Holy cards I chose where not ones that were given at someone's funeral. I was really careful about that.

Well it seems I am not the only one with this kind of problem.

The Pious Sodality of Church Ladies have a tip on organizing one's holy cards.

There tip is a good one. I don't know if it will work for me but I'm going to give it a try.

2 comments:

Evann said...

We have a somewhat less organized way to organize our holy cards. I got one of those inexpensive, but fat, 4x6 photo albums, and just started popping in the cards. It is set up so that lots of Mary cards are together, Joseph is grouped, etc. New cards are just added where there is space. It has been a nice book for kids of all ages. Little ones enjoy flipping through and looking at all the pictures, and older ones can find the saint, or novena they are searching for. This system has served us well.

EC Gefroh said...

Evann, that's a good idea.