Friday, January 17, 2014
Spread the Word: March for Life and Walk for Life coverage
Posted by EC Gefroh Posted 6:46 PM No comments:
Labels: EWTN News Alerts
Wednesday, January 15, 2014
EWTN’s Coverage of the 'March For Life' Goes ‘Full Circle’
Irondale, AL – EWTN, the first and only television network to air complete live coverage of the March for Life, announces dramatically expanded coverage.
This year, thanks to a new wireless camera unit, EWTN will be able to walk alongside the crowd from the National Mall, all the way down Constitution Avenue, and right up the steps of the U.S. Supreme Court itself. You will see the March as only those who actually walk the route will see it.
Plus, the EWTN 360 technology that was introduced during World Youth Day is back – and this time we are “live.” The app allows you, the viewer, to click on an event and to get a 360 degree view of the venue just by moving your cursor. (If you missed WYD360, click here: http://www.ewtn.com/rio2013/
wyd360.asp.) This means that you will be able to see MFL events on our website and Facebook page (www.facebook.com/ewtnonline) just as if you were standing in the crowd listening to the speakers or marching down Constitution Avenue!
EWTN’s coverage will be anchored in the studio by EWTN President Doug Keck and EWTN Chaplain Fr. Joseph Mary, and in the field by EWTN TV and Radio Anchors Teresa Tomeo (“Catholic Connection,” “Catholic View for Women”), Mike Romano and Elena Rodriguez. Also, look for special in-studio coverage of your Facebook posts, tweets (www.twitter.com/ewtn) and videos (send firstname.lastname@example.org) by the EWTN Communications Department.
Then, in the evening, don’t miss a special one-hour “EWTN News Nightly with Colleen Carroll Campbell,” which will feature a great lineup of pro-life leaders and speakers who will discuss the past, present and future of the pro-life movement as well as the fight against abortion.
Here’s the schedule:
- Opening Mass of the National Prayer Vigil for Life airs live at 6:30 p.m. ET, Tuesday, Jan. 21 from the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C.
- Closing Mass of the National Prayer Vigil for Life airs live at 7:30 a.m. ET, Wednesday, Jan. 22, also from the Basilica.
- Coverage of the 2014 March for Life begins at 9 a.m. ET, Wednesday, Jan. 22, with encores at 10 p.m. ET, Wednesday, and 9:30 a.m. ET, Sunday, Jan. 26.
- Coverage of the Youth Mass for Life from the Verizon Center will air at 4 p.m. ET, Wednesday, Jan. 22.
- “EWTN News Nightly With Colleen Carroll Campbell:” One-hour special begins at 6 p.m. ET, Wednesday, Jan. 22.
- If you can’t be at the March itself, please join us for our Virtual March for Life on EWTN’s Facebook page and Twitter page, www.twitter.com/ewtn, as well as on TV, Radio, our Mobile app, and streaming live on the Internet! As we always say, “EWTN is Everywhere!”
EWTN Global Catholic Network, in its 33rd year, is available in over 230 million television households in more than 140 countries and territories. With its direct broadcast satellite television and radio services, AM & FM radio networks, worldwide short-wave radio station, Internet website www.ewtn.com, electronic and print news services, and publishing arm, EWTN is the largest religious media network in the world.
Posted by EC Gefroh Posted 2:57 PM No comments:
Labels: EWTN News Alerts
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Why Go to Mass?
Shared by a friend.
Posted by EC Gefroh Posted 9:07 AM No comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)