The Holy Mass is the highest form of worship. It is the sacrifice of Calvary renewed. One Mass gives God more praise and thanksgiving and makes more atonement for sin and pleads more eloquently than does the combined eternal worship of all the souls in heaven, on earth and in purgatory. In the Holy Mass, it is Jesus Christ, God, as well as Man, who is our Intercessor, our Priest and our Victim. Being God as well as Man His prayers, merits and His offerings are infinite in value.
The Mass is the best means we have:
1. To render God the highest form of worship
2. To thank Him for all His blessings
3. To obtain reparation for all our sins.
4. To obtain all the blessings we desire.
5. To release souls from purgatory and shorten our own time there.
6. To preserve us from all dangers to soul and body
7. To be consoled at the hour of death, for at that moment their memory will be our greatest consolation
8. To intercede for us at the Judgment Seat of God
9. To bring down God's blessings; therefore try to assist at Mass every day, or as often as possible
10. To better understand the sublimity of the Passion of Christ, and therefore, to increase our love for Him
Thanks to Sue