Sunday, November 04, 2007
How Can We Love Jesus as We Ought?
The following is an excerpt from the Nocturnal Adoration Society's February 2006 newsletter.
To love the Lord Our God with all our heart, and with all our strength as He commanded us we need to do the following:
1. Keep in the state of grace and foster a hatred for all sins and affections for them. If we have the misfortune to fall into any grievous sin make all efforts to go to Confession as soon as possible. St. Alphonsus says that if we entertain any affection for a certain sin, we will fall.
2. Attend daily Mass and receive Holy Communion.
3. Never omit morning and night prayers.
4. Have recourse to the Blessed Virgin Mary by the daily recitation of the Holy Rosary.
5. Do not neglect the practice of the virtues. In this you will be imitating Our Divine Savior, Jesus Christ.
6. Respond to all holy inspirations to grace and especially those that come to us through the instructions given us in the Holy Scriptures, the writings of the Saints and the teachings of Holy Mother Church.
7. Adjust the priority of your daily schedule to include all we can for the love of Jesus Christ.