Thursday, June 02, 2011

Sacred Heart of Jesus - Prayer to Jesus, Our True Friend


Picture source

Jesus, You are my only true friend.


You share my burdens; You take them upon Yourself; You alone know how to turn them to my advantage. You listen to me kindly when I tell you my troubles and You never fail to lighten them.

I find You at all times and in all places; You never leave me, and if I am obliged to change my abode, I will always find You wherever I go.

You are never annoyed at listening to me; You never cease to help me. If I love You, I am sure of being loved in return. You have nothing to gain from my possessions and You do not make Yourself poor in sharing Yours with me.

No matter how miserable I may be, You will never cease to be my friend for the sake of someone else more noble, more worthy, or even more holy; and death itself- which separates us from ll other friends - will serve only to reunite us forever. Old age or misfortune will not cause You to abandon me; on the contrary, You will never be closer to me, n or will I enjoy Your presence more, than when all seems to go against me.

You tolerate my faults with admirable patience; even my infidelities and ungratefulness never hurt You to such a degree that You are not always ready to come to me, if I so desire it.

O Jesus, grant that I may die praising You, that I may die loving You, that I may die for the love of You.

Amen.

- From Reflections on St. John, the Friend of Jesus Christ, by St. Claude la Columbiere, S.J.

Enthronement of the Sacred Heart, by Rev. Francis Larkin. SS.CC.

4 comments:

Anne said...

Beautiful prayer Esther! Thank you for posting it!

EC Gefroh said...

I'm glad you liked it too Anne!

RAL Benson said...

Very nice. I'm so glad to find your blog. We are relocating back home to HI.

EC Gefroh said...

Thank you! Welcome back!