Friday, June 03, 2011

First Friday Devotion - Promises of Jesus to Persons and Families who Honor His Sacred Heart


Picture source

1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
2. I will give peace in their families.
3. I will console them in all their troubles.
4. I will be their refuge in life and especially in death.
5. I will abundantly bless all their undertakings.
6. Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall rise speedily to great perfection.
9. I will bless those places wherein the image of
My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and venerated.
10. I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.
11. Persons who propagate this devotion shall
have their names eternally written in my Heart.
12. In the excess of the mercy of my Heart, I promise you that my all powerful love will grant to all those who will receive Communion on the First Fridays, for nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance: they will not die in my displeasure, nor without receiving the sacraments; and my Heart will be their secure refuge in that last hour.

Source

"There is no grater proof of our Lord's earnest desire that we practice devotion to His Heart than the remarkable and almost unbelievable promises He made t those who carry out His requests.

When we stop to consider that the one who made these promises is the second person of the Most Blessed Trinity, 'who can neither deceive nor be deceived,' we are amazed that individuals and families would hesitate to place all their trust in the Sacred Heart for the solution of each and every one of their difficulties...

If Jesus promises, He intends to keep them. No one can ever accuse Him of breaking His world. For those who trust Him and who carry out His requests, He will, if necessary, work miracles to redeem His pledge...

Truly we can call the promises of the Sacred Heart a hidden treasure. ..

Most prayer books and manuals of devotion enumerate twelve promises with the result that the majority of Catholics think these are all the promises our Lord made and that they were made exactly as they were published.

Actually, however, the so-called "twelve promises" do not begin to enumerate all the promises made by our divine Lord to St. Margaret Mary. As a matter of fact, they are not even a summary of them, but rather are a selection of those best calculated to arouse sentiments of love for the Sacred heart in the hearts of the faithful and get them to practice the devotion. It is true, these twelve promises are to be found in the writings of St. Margaret Mary, but not all in one place nor in exactly the same words..."

Enthronement of the Sacred Heart by Rev. Francis Larkin, SS.CC.

No comments: