Tuesday, November 11, 2008

To Those Who Have Asked "Why Weren't Our Prayers Answered?"

Jesus
Please read Catholic Culture's Discouragement and Faith

Personally speaking, if I hadn't prayed the Novena, the Rosary Novena, prayed the Rosary, gone to Daily Mass, did a Holy Hour, fasted, etc., I would have felt a lot worse.

I don't know why our prayers and sacrifices weren't answered. But one thing I do know, God permitted the elections to go the way it did and He has a reason for it. We just don't know what it is right now.

Jesus, I trust in You!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our prayers never go unheard or unanswered. There is always a reason why He permits some things to happen. A day will come when we will see God's plans unfold and we'll look back & see how certain events played a part in His plans.
Just like you said - we put our trust in the Lord......
It's 'funny' how we've been hit with this abortion issue so hard ... at almost the same time.
It's important not to get discouraged but to be consistent in our prayers and trust...... can't wait to see what the Lord has planned.
God Bless,
Elena

EC Gefroh said...

Elena, yes, it seems like the Devil is really fighting to spread his evil everywhere in the world.

Anonymous said...

Elena I agree.

My ds asked the same question and I reminded him that God always hears our prayers. I told him that I wasn't sure that this WAS God's choice, but that God gave us free will, and sometimes, we don't use it for good. In a nutshell: This was the people's choice, not God's. I think it is symptomatic of how money has become a bigger issue than morality.

Pray for our leaders, our bishops, priests and our country.

God Bless,
Tracy

EC Gefroh said...

I agree Tracy. Good way to explain it to your son.