Saturday, March 29, 2008

Spiritual Help from St. Faustina

St. Faustina
From her diary:

789
"Always and in all circumstances, yield the first place to others; especially during recreation listen quietly, without interrupting, even if someone tells me the same thing ten times. I will never ask questions about something that interests me very much."


791
"Hide me Jesus, in the depths of Your mercy, and then let my neighbor judge me as he pleases."


792
"I must never speak of my own experiences. In suffering, I must seek relief in prayer. In doubts, even the smallest, I must seek only the advice of my confessor. I must always have a heart which is open to receive the sufferings of others and drown my own sufferings in the Divine Heart so that they would not be noticed on the outside, in so far as possible..."

..."I must not allow anything to disturb my interior calm and silence"....

..."When I am wrongfully accused of something, I will not explain myself; if the superior wants to know the truth, whether I was in the right or not, let her find out from others rather than from me"...

6 comments:

Samantha from Colonial Curve Cottage said...

God knew I needed this today...thank you for posting. Where did you find these writings?

EC Gefroh said...

It is in Notebook 2 of Sister Faustina's Diary.
http://www.our.homewithgod.com/divinemercy/
I am not sure if the online version has the reference numbers which I added for easy reference.

Marie said...

These revelations are such a comfort. I bought the book years ago and would advise others to buy it in order to reflect upon it in quiet and solitude.

Thanks for the extracts Esther:).

Peace & love to you my friend:)

Marie xoxoxo

Samantha from Colonial Curve Cottage said...

That's super. I'll find a copy. I've been using the Divine Mercy Novena book and it does have some of the same writings but not enough. I'd like to read the whole thing.

EC Gefroh said...

I have decided to finish reading the diary dear Marie.
God bless,

Mrs. Sam, that is wonderful. I believe EWTN sells it or you can get it from the Divine Mercy shop in Stockbridge, MA.

EC Gefroh said...

Marie, you are so right. I am trying to finish her diary now.
Peace and love to you my friend.