Thursday, October 04, 2007

Feast Day of St. Francis of Assisi

st. FrancisPainting by Raphael

Make Me A Channel Of Your Peace

Based on a prayer by St. Francis

Make me a channel of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me bring Your love,
Where there is injury, Your pardon Lord,
And where there's doubt, true faith in You

Make me a channel of your peace,
Where there's despair in life let me bring hope,
Where there is darkness - only light,
And where there's sadness, ever joy

Oh Master, grant that I may never seek,
So much to be consoled as to console,
To be understood, as to understand,
To be loved, as to love with all my soul

Make me a channel of your peace,
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
In giving to all men that we recieve,
And in dying that we're born to eternal life

Source: This site

Happy Feast Day to all the Friars that have been friends of our family over the years!

Recommended book which is available online:

God's Troubadour: The Story of St. Francis of Assisi by Sophie Jewett

And lest we forget our animals, Easter shared the following with our Catholic homeschooling group.

Franciscan Pet Blessing


Blessed are you, Lord God, maker of all living creatures.

You inspired St. Francis to call all animals his brothers and sister

We ask you to bless this animal. By the power of your love,

enable it to live according to your plan. Amen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a pretty impressive post!

Michele said...

i have 2 free give away contests upcoming! be sure to check out my blog! its under Divine Mercy book contest winner!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that prayer. Have you heard Sarah McLachlan(sp?) sing it? I think it is on YouTube.

I put it on our blog months ago. She sings it beautifully:).

God bless you always:)

Marie

EC Gefroh said...

Thanks Jackie!

Thanks DM!

I saw it but didn't listen to it but I will now. Thanks Marie.

God bless,