Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Bella the Prolife Movie

Did I mention to you that a prolife group here in Hawaii, Aloha Problem Pregnancy Center, is bringing the movie here to us? As soon as I get more definite details, I will share them. Just be sure to keep November 8th open so you can attend. It is a fundraiser. Even though the tickets are free, please be generous when donating.

Which brings me to my post, Tito of Custos Fidei a fellow Catholic blogger with Hawaiian ties, has a very interesting article on Bella's debut in Houston.
Texas Right to Life held their annual banquet last Friday on September 14 A.D. 2007 here in Houston. The movie producer, Leo Severino, and the leading man, Eduardo Verastegui, both of the movie Bella, were guest speakers among others. Pat Gray was the Master of Ceremonies and was very entertaining to say the least.
Be sure to check it out.

7 comments:

Therese said...

I would love to see this movie. I have been to the web site and watched the trailers. I don't think it will come down here to Australia though. Maybe I will be able to buy the dvd once that comes out.

EC Gefroh said...

Therese, before I knew it was coming to HI, I checked out to buy their DVD but it was a little more than I could afford...around $100.00 before release. Hopefully it will be something more reasonable $20.00 after it is released.

Therese said...

I hope so too Esther.

Michelle said...

Esther, it's being shown at our diocesan center! Maybe you could check with your diocese, Therese.

Home School Mom: Denise said...

I was invited as a catechetical leader to a special viewing of this, this month from our diocese, but wasn't able to attend ): I know it's got to be a very special movie.

Blessings,
Denise

EC Gefroh said...

Michelle, I don't think they are going to show it since the prolife center has bought the movie with the hopes of having a successful fundraiser this year. But I guess it never hurts to ask. Thanks.

Oh Denise no!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Leticia said...

Bella is opening on Oct 26, so make sure you see it opening weekend; that's the time when ticket sales really count, and can make or break a movie.