Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Feast Day - St. Ignatius of Loyola

St. Ignatius of Loyola

Grant, O Lord, that my heart may neither desire nor seek anything but what is necessary for the fulfillment of Thy holy Will. May health or sickness, riches or poverty, honors or contempt, humiliations, leave my soul in that state of perfect detachment to which I desire to attain for Thy greater honor and Thy greater glory. Amen.
This is one amazing saint! It is only recently that I have taken the time to learn more about him. In so many ways, he reminds me of St. Francis of Assisi; maybe it was his conversion or his passion of love for Christ.

To learn more about the founder of the Society of Jesus, please visit EWTN

Happy Feast Day Fr. Dave!

2 comments:

Jean Heimann said...

Isn't he a neat saint? I learned recently that he tried to emulate St. Francis of Assisi.

I learned a lot more about him from reading "My Life with the Saints" and Butler's Saint of the Day 2007.

I posted on him today. The post is entitled St. Ignatius of Loyola: Brief Biography, Favorite Quotes, Prayers, and Works and can be found here. http://catholicfire.blogspot.com/2007/07/st-ignatius-of-loyola-brief-biography.html

He was originally kind of a playboy, party-going saint like St. Francis was before he converted and lived a very humble and austere life, eating only bread and water.

Thanks for posting this prayer.

EC Gefroh said...

He sure is Jean. I will have to check those books out.