Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Saint Francis de Sales - The Way to Undertake One's Affairs



I knew that there are no coincidences with God but now I am truly convinced.

My friend Mary who blogs at the beautifully and appropriately named blog The Beautiful Gate wrote about being a time glutton.  That particular post struck me because I have a tendency to multi-task too.

As I am going through my spiritual journals looking for an entry to share, I came upon the following:

"...undertake all your affairs with a calm and peaceable mind, and endeavor to dispatch them in order, one after another..."

Very wisely put, St. Francis de Sales.  Mahalo.

Quote from journal entry August 30, 2012.

2 comments:

Mary N. said...

Amen, Esther! Now THAT is what I am trying to do but I keep catching myself multi-tasking. I have been trying to practice the virtue of diligence and St. Francis de Sales words express this exactly - setting your mind on one task at a time and completing them, (oops, freudian slip there) I mean IT, before moving on to the next. I didn't realize just how much I multi-tasked until I tried to STOP doing it. Even worse, my mind multi-tasks. Now, that's trouble.

You know what? I think I'll copy this quote and post it where I can see it. Thank you, Esther :)

EC Gefroh said...

Good idea, Mary. I should do the same thing. BTW, since I subscribed to your blog via email, I am not missing any of your wonderful posts! Thanks.