Monday, February 14, 2011

"For the Love of God, Shut Up!"


Very good article by Pat Archbold at the National Catholic Register blog today here.

It reminded me of what happened after morning Mass the other day. A group of people stayed at the Church door chatting loudly while a few us sat in our pews praying. One lady couldn't take it anymore. She turned around and told them very angrily and loudly to shut up. Of course, she did not say "shut up". I'm pretty sure she said "be quiet" but I'm not sure it mattered. Nor am I sure which was worse, the inconsiderate people in the back or the angry woman in church.

2 comments:

Richard Collins said...

One of the things I dislike about the OF Masses is that people talk loudly before and after Mass. This is not done at EF Masses.
Great posts as always Esther, thank you.

EC Gefroh said...

Richard, I'm not sure what the EF is. Would that be Latin Mass? Thank you BTW.
God bless
Esther