Friday, December 03, 2010

Sacred Heart & Happy feast of St. Francis Xavier SJ

 The following was shared by Mary Jane D. via email.



Today is not only the feast of St. Francis Xavier, SJ - incorrupt body in India
but the names day of our dear Father Francis Xavier Seelos who was named after this great saint!

O great Saint Francis, well beloved and full of charity, with thee I reverently adore the Divine Majesty; and since I especially rejoice in the singular gifts of grace bestowed on thee in life, and of glory after death, I give thanks to God, and beg of thee, with all the affection of my heart that by thy powerful intercession thou mayest obtain for me above all things the grace to live a holy life and die a holy death. Moreover, I beg of thee to obtain for me (here insert some special spiritual or temporal favor); but if what I ask does not tend to the glory of God and the greater good of my soul, do thou, I beseech thee, obtain for me what will more certainly attain these ends. Amen


Look how happy he is on his names day!! Your prayers will truly be answered today!!

Bountiful God,
in Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos, You have given Your people
a model for those who labor joyfully in Your earthly kingdom.
May his smile dwell on those who find life burdensome.
In him, our eyes continually behold the gentleness of Jesus Christ, our Redeemer.
Amen. (mention your intentions)

Most of all, we remember the Sacred Heart of Jesus on this First Friday in Advent.


Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, pour down Your blessings abundantly on Your holy Church, on the Supreme Pointiff, and on all the clergy. Grant perseverance to the just, convert sinners, enlighten infidels, bless our parents, friends, and benefactors, assist the dying, free the souls in purgatory, and extend over all hearts the sweet empire of Your love. (mention your intentions) AMEN

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Even though he's post-schism, so not Orthodox, I still think he prays for my X-man.
Happy Feast!

EC Gefroh said...

That's interesting Mimi. Please share :-)