Saturday, July 31, 2010

Feast of San Ignacio de Loyola


Picture and prayer source

Tomad, Señor, y recibid
toda mi libertad,
mi memoria,
mi entendimiento
y toda mi voluntad;
todo mi haber y mi poseer.
Vos me disteis,
a Vos, Señor, lo torno.
Todo es Vuestro:
disponed de ello
según Vuestra Voluntad.
Dadme Vuestro Amor y Gracia,
que éstas me bastan.
Amén.

Take, O Lord, into Thy hands my entire liberty, my memory, my understanding and my will. All that I am, and have. Thou hast given me, and I surrender them to Thee, to be so disposed in accordance with Thy holy will. Give me Thy love and Thy grace, with these I am rich enough and desire nothing more. Amen.

The following is from The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola, "Three Modes of Humility".

"The first Mode of Humility is necessary to eternal salvation: to wit, that I so abase and humble myself, as far as lies in my power, as in all things to obey the law of God our Lord, in such sort that though men would make me lord of all created things in the world, or for the preservation of my own temporal life, I would not enter into deliberation about breaking a commandment, whether divine or human, that binds me under mortal sin(88).

No comments: