Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Photo of Army Chaplain Celebrating Mass During War - U.S. Army Museum

I took my mom on a walking tour of Waikiki today. We wanted to visit the Blessed Sacrament at St. Augustine.  Unfortunately, because of some incidences, the Church is now closed outside of Mass.

We started walking from one end of Waikiki and ended up at the other end closer to Ala Moana Beach Park.  Toward the end of our walking tour we decided to visit the U.S. Army Museum at Fort DeRussy.  They have the best information on the history of the United States Army from Hawaii's point of view.

I somehow missed the following photo on my last visit.  It appears to be traditional Latin Mass being celebrated during World War II.


Photo by Esther G.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

What a beautiful photo - and there are no coincidences with God.

EC Gefroh said...

I thought so too Mimi. Thank you.