Thursday, March 12, 2009

Prayer in a Bad Mood

Heavenly Father,
I awoke this morning in a bad mood
and I have been unable to shake it so far.
Everything bothers me
and everyone rubs me the wrong way.
I just cannot seem to get my true bearings.
Help me to think of your salvation-
your countless gifts and overwhelming love for me.

Let me relax and forget life's cares
by placing myself wholly in your hands.
Grant that this mood will soon pass
and I will be able to bask in your love
and communicate it to others.

Amen.

- New Saint Joseph People's Prayer Book, Catholic Book Publishing Company

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Esther...you have absolutely no idea how much this prayer was needed...at EXACTLY this moment! I have done nothing but yell at my kids today! I feel like I need confession after this week! I'm really struggling right now! Please pray for me! I think the lack of estrogen is beginning to have an effect....severe moodiness and irritability! I'm desperate right now! Thank you so much for posting this.

SQUELLY said...

This really is one I need to have on file! Thanks :-)

EC Gefroh said...

I am praying Nancy.

I saw this on your blog tto :-)

YW Squelly.