Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A Lesson - Finding God

Holy Trinity
..A young man goes to the master and he says, "I want to find God." And the old man says, "All right." He takes him down to the river, and says, "Put your head under the water." Then the old man puts his hand on his head and holds it under the water. When the young man wants to get up, the master continues to hold his head down until at the last minute, he lets him up and the man gasps for air. The old man says, "When you want God the way you just wanted that breath, you'll find him..."
- Meditation of the Day, Magnificat, October 2008, Vol 10, No. 8

2 comments:

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

I had read that meditation from the Magnificat this afternoon during my lunch hour and was very moved by it myself. I would love to be able to just simply be at the point of finding and loving and praying to God without the feeling of desparation though. But I think as human beings we become so complacent. Roz

EC Gefroh said...

So true Roz.