Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A PRAYER THAT THE WILL OF GOD BE DONE

Holy Trinity

Grant me Your grace, O most merciful Jesus, that it may be with me, and work with me, and remain with me to the very end. Grant that I may always desire and will that which is most acceptable and pleasing to You. Let Your will be mine. Let my will always follow Yours and agree perfectly with it. Let my will be one with Yours in willing and in not willing, and let me be unable to will or not will anything but what You will or do not will.

Grant that I may die to all things in this world, and for Your sake love to be despised and unknown in this life. Give me, above all desires, the desire to rest in You, and in You let my heart have peace. You are true peace of heart. You alone are its rest. Without You all things are difficult and troubled. In this peace, the selfsame that is in You, the Most High, the everlasting Good, I will sleep and take my rest. Amen.

The Imitation of Christ, Book III
~ Thomas à Kempis

Shared by Sue via email.

No comments: