Thursday, June 26, 2008

Feast Day - St. Josemaria Escrivá

St. Josemaria Escriva

After Mass this morning an Opus Dei member reminded us that it was their founder's feast day.

The following prayer is on the Holy Card she shared with us.
O God, through the mediation of Mary our Mother, you granted your priest St. Josemaría countless graces, choosing him as a most faithful instrument to found Opus Dei, a way of sanctification in daily work and in the fulfillment of the Christian's ordinary duties. Grant that I too may learn to turn all the circumstances and events of my life into occasions of loving You and serving the Church, the Pope and all souls with joy and simplicity, lighting up the pathways of this earth with faith and love. Deign to grant me, through the intercession of St. Josemaría, the favor of ... (make your request). Amen.

Our Father. Hail Mary. Glory be to the Father.

The holy card can be found here

Check out Escriva Works for his writings.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Hi I know that is quite an old post. You mentioned in your post a member of Opus Dei. I recently moved to Hawaii and looking for members of the work. I'm not a member but I am a cooperator. If you could direct me to your friend, I would appreciate it.

EC Gefroh said...

Oh, I am sorry Leslie but when I wrote that post I was on the mainland. I will ask around if you'd like to see if there are members here, although, I don't know of any.