Friday, February 01, 2008

Fine Art Friday

Dante Rossetti
The featured artist today is Dante Gabriel Rossetti. (May 12, 1828 - April 9, 1882). He was the brother of poet Christina Rossetti and one of the founders of the Pre-Raphaelite School. This is just a sampling of the magnificent work by this artist.

Childhood Mary
The Childhood of the Virgin Mary - c 1848-49


Arthur's Tomb
Arthur's Tomb - The Last Meeting of Lancelot and Guinevere


Beloved
The Beloved- 1865-6


Lady Lilith
Lady Lilith - painted in 1866-1868 and altered in 1872-1873


Annunciation
The Annunciation

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post...

christine M said...

What beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing! I especially like "The Annunciation"

Samantha from Colonial Curve Cottage said...

Your blog is stunning...I'm so proud to be Catholic right now. There's so much gobbly gook out and about and to see such lush wonder posted here blesses me richly. Thankyou for posting your heart here. I'm a Catholic mom homeschooling in Canada. We're in the middle of a snow storm. I live in Ontario. If you'd like to visit me, drop by at www.homeskooldaize.blogspot.com

Kaila said...

Those are all beautiful pictures!

EC Gefroh said...

Thanks for your comments ladies. Glad you enjoyed the works of art.

Anonymous said...

Esther,

Once again you have put together a wonderful Fine Art Friday. I must say that I am not familiar with this artist, and was happy to see his work for the first time.

While I love the painting of the Annuciation; The Beloved really stands out for me with its vibrant colors.

Vicky's Place said...

Esther, these pictures are absolutely gorgeous. I've never heard of this artist either and will be looking for his work to be displayed here also.

Thank you so very much

Hugs

Vicky

EC Gefroh said...

Kathy, thanks. I enjoyed yours too!

Vicky! How nice to see you here :-)
Thanks for your kind comments. He has lots more work to look at.

hugs,