Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Burden of Addiction

UPDATE: For those of you requesting prayers for loved ones or friends, I have posted a prayer request at The One Came Back Prayer Request Blog.

Please feel free to continue leaving prayers requests either here or there.

God bless,

Esther

Shared by Sue CifelliDM

Article at Divine Mercy at Stockbridge
As a Marian priest, I hear a lot of amazing stories about how people who are hurting discover the mercy of God and then see their lives turned around for the better. The Lord promises as much. "When you seek Me with all your heart you will find Me … and I will change your lot" (Jer 29:13-14).

The mercy of God is not just some pie-in-the-sky cure for a select few. It's for everyone!

With this in mind, I'd like to talk about addiction. Why? Because addicts — whether they are addicted to drugs, drink, sex, whatever — all have a way out of their misery through our Merciful Lord...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please pray for Cailin, she is very depressed and struggling with addiction.
Thank You

EC Gefroh said...

I am praying A. If you would like, I can also post your prayer request on the One Came Back Prayer Request Blog.

Anonymous said...

My daughter Maggie is in need of prayer - an intervention for her drug addiction is in the works. Please pray that she accepts our love and help.

EC Gefroh said...

Sorry, I am so late in replying but I am praying for your daughter Maggie.

Anonymous said...

Please pray for my son Michael who is addicted and is struggling to get back to school addiction is keeping him out. Thank God Bless You All

Anonymous said...

Please pray for my son Michael who is addicted and is struggling to get back to school addiction is keeping him out. Thank God Bless You All

EC Gefroh said...

Praying for Michael!!

Les said...

My name is Les Estrella and I am the Addiction Recovery Ministry Coordinator for the Diocese of Honolulu. I was also one who lived in the darkness and despair of addiction. My prayers are with you and I am here if needed. Please contact me at: les_estrella@rcchawaii.org

EC Gefroh said...

Mahalo Les!