Thursday, September 06, 2007

Humorous Translation of my blog

I think the Catholic Warrior will find the following amusing:
Translated Blog
Someone apparently had one of my pages translated by Google. Maybe they should have asked me personally :-)

The following is the St. Augustine prayer I have on the sidebar:

Rezo del St. Augustine al alcohol santo (holy liquor)

I think the translator confused spirit with alcohol...LOL! I hope the person who requested the translation understood what the confusion is.


Respirar en mí el alcohol santo de O que mis pensamientos pueden todos ser santos;

Actúa en mí el alcohol santo de O que mi trabajo, también, puede ser santo;

Consolidarme alcohol santo de O para defender todo que sea santo;

Guardarme entonces alcohol santo de O que siempre puedo ser santo.



… St. Augustine

5 comments:

PBXVI said...

ROFL!!! ¡Que broma grande! ¡Muchas gracias Esther!
¡Dios Bendigas!

¡Puedes enseñarme Español si quiere!

Simple Faith and Life said...

That's funny. Reminds me of something I read in the Trapp Family Singers. Someone mis-translated "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak" to The spirit is willing but the meat is soft". :)

EC Gefroh said...

LOL. De nada PB. Que Dios te bendiga tambien!

MM, that is hilarious!!! Thanks for sharing that.

Anonymous said...

LOL Esther

I took the same prayer and had it translated into 'Cockney English' here it is:

Breathe in me O 'oly Spirit that me foughts may all be 'oly; Act in me O 'oly Spirit that me work, too, may be 'oly; Strengffen me O 'oly Spirit ter defend all that is 'oly; Guard me then O 'oly Spirit that I always may be 'oly.


Yer post really got me finking LOL Hahahhahhahaa!!!

Cor blimey ave a good day Esfer ROFLOL...I am so cracking up here hahhahahah!!!!

In fun & laughter

Daffy Marie LOL

EC Gefroh said...

Marie! That is the best laugh I've had all day!! I wonder what else we could translate that prayer into :-)
Thanks funny lady!