Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Little Gift From a Kind Priest

Benedict XVI
Today my mom and I attended Mass at St. Stephen's because the daily Mass at Blessed Sacrament has been moved to the evening. This was done for the Our Lady of Mt. Carmel novena currently taking place.

The celebrant at this morning's Mass was Salesian Father, Eugene Palumbo. He is an author of many books including one on the Eucharist and Pope John Paul II. If you click HERE you can read a prayer written by Father Eugene.

He works at a Seminary or school in Rome, for a few weeks each Summer. He recently returned and after Mass this morning, he gave each one of us, a photograph/holy card of our Holy Father just like the one I found on Fr. Justin's blog

Last year, Fr. Palumbo brought back the Miraculous Medals my mom had given him to be blessed by His Holiness Benedict XVI, for each one of my brothers and sisters.

Thanks Fr. Eugene!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely post thanks for the compliment on my blog..

God bless

Mimi said...

What a wonderful gift you were given, and what a blessing to the parish to have such a wonderful priest

EC Gefroh said...

Thanks for your kind comments ladies.