Saturday, June 02, 2007

The Express Novena

BVMPicture source, Two Hearts Design

Thanks Sue!

Father Andrew Apostoli, CFR, Yonkers, NY, a close associate of Father
Benedict Groeschel, CFR, recounts a meeting he had with Mother
Teresa. Father Andrew has given retreats for the Contemplative
Missionaries of Charity in the South Bronx.

Mother Teresa, at the time of their meeting, handed Father Andrew a Rosary, commenting: "The Blessed Mother is all over the world bringing people to her Son." She went on to tell Father Andrew this story.

"Whenever I need a special favor, I do an Express Novena. An Express Novena is 9 Memorares in a row. In 1983, one of our Superior sisters had gotten sick in Eastern Berlin. Mother Teresa had to appoint a replacement that could handle the Communist government. The sister that they appointed as the successor for the Eastern Berlin home needed a Visa. Mother Teresa gathered her nuns and started praying the Express Novena (9 Memorares). On the 8th Memorare, the phone rang. It was a Communist official stating that it would be six months until they would receive the Visa. After the 9th Memorare, Mother Teresa started the novena again. On the 8th Memorare the second time, the telephone rang. It was a Communist official who stated you will have your Visa immediately"

So great was Mother Teresa's love for God that she stated to Fr. Andrew: "I never refused God anything."

4 comments:

Erika S. said...

Esther,
Thanks for stopping by at my blog. I love your blog! I just found it the other day and I think I will read the whole thing if I have time. I love being Catholic and want to homeschool in the future. Right now hubby does not think it would be a good idea. I keep praying that he will change his mind. Have a great day!

EC Gefroh said...

Hi Erika! Well, I am glad you did because I found your blog too.
BTW, maybe you should pray to St. Elizabeth Seton. My friend had the same situation. She prayed so many novenas and now her husband has accepted homeschooling.
God bless,

Annu Abhilash said...

hi, I am Annu..

i have prayed the express novena for my headache and it vanished the very second after the prayer. A real miracle.


Awe Maria
St. Theresa Pray for us...

EC Gefroh said...

Wonderful Annu! Thanks for sharing.