Saturday, March 03, 2007

Lenten Improvement - Humility (Cont.)

The following is taken from Improve:Now is the Acceptable Time! distributed by the Archconfraternity of Christian Mothers.

Note: Fr. Lester has kindly permitted me to use these excerpts daily. Please click HERE to learn more about the Archconfraternity of Christian Mothers and to consider joining them as a member.

Spiritual X-Ray

Humility is truth. Humility puts an x-ray on us and makes us see ourselves as we really are. Humility, according to Saint Bonaventure and Saint Bernard, is that
virtue by which man, through self-knowledge, acquires a lowly opinion of himself. It was humility that made Saint Augustine pray to God: 'May I know You; may I know myself.' Humility prompted the prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi: 'My God and my All! Who are You...and who am I?'"

No comments: