Monday, March 19, 2007

Feast of St. Joseph

Holy Family
Picture of the Holy Family - Gefroh Family Collection

Ite Ad Joseph - Go to Joseph

Happy Feast Day to my dear son Joey, my husband Daniel Joseph, my dear father in law, Isidore Joseph. May you always be under the protection of St. Joseph.

O St. Joseph whose protection is so great, so strong, so prompt before the Throne of God, I place in you all my interests and desires. O St. Joseph do assist me by your powerful intercession and obtain for me from your Divine Son all spiritual blessings through Jesus Christ, Our Lord; so that having engaged here below your Heavenly power I may offer my thanksgiving and homage to the most loving of Fathers. O St. Joseph, I never weary contemplating you and Jesus asleep in your arms. I dare not approach while He reposes near your heart. Press Him in my name and kiss His fine Head for me, and ask Him to return the kiss when I draw my dying breath. St. Joseph, Patron of departing souls, pray for us. Amen

Quotable Quote on St. Joseph.
Thank you St. Michael Center for the Blessed Virgin Mary.

"He was chosen by the eternal Father as the trust worthy guardian and protector of his greatest treasures, namely, his divine Son and Mary, Joseph's wife. He carried out this vocation with complete fidelity until at last God called him, saying 'Good and faithful servant, enter into the joy of your Lord."

Saint Bernardine of Siena
Saint Joseph a just man,' fully responsible before God and before Mary, provides encouragement for everyone on the path to the priesthood. We see him ever-attentive to the voice of the Lord Who guides the events of history, ready to follow His guidance; always faithful, generous and impassive in his service, an effective master of prayer and work in the obscurity of Nazareth.

Pope Benedict XVI

2 comments:

Micki said...

Esther, did you see where there was a site that you could submit your name and they would find a saint who picked you. And then that saint was "your saint" for the year? (can't remember right this minute which site it was but I could find it if necessary.) Anyway, can you believe that I was chosen by...........tahdah
St. Joseph. And this was during the Novena time. What a blessing huh?

EC Gefroh said...

Yes, that is how I got my saint Micki. I got it from Moneybags' blog A Catholic Life.
What a big blessing for you to be chosen by St. Joseph.