Saturday, February 03, 2007

St. Gerard - Patron Saint of Mothers and Good Confessions

St. Gerard
I found this going through my things too. What I didn't know about St. Gerard Majella was that he is also the patron saint of good confessions. Found that out at the site where I found this lovely picture of him. WEBSITE

For a Good Confession

St. Gerard, Patron of a Good Confession, who gave courage to souls whom fear and shame had overcome; who gave sorrow to their hearts, resolution to their wills, truth to their faltering lips; help me to make a good confession. Enable me to know my sins, to be truly sorry for them, and to be firmly resolved, with God's grace, never to sin again.

Help me to confess my sins humbly and sincerely, to confess them in the spirit of faith, as confessing them to Our Lord himself.

Stand by me in this confession, O gentle Saint, an angel of God


Okay, now for the prayers I found in my papers. I remember my sister gave me these prayers and I used to pray it daily. God answered my prayers but not in the way I had thought...He led us to Joey:

For Motherhood:

Good Saint Gerard, powerful intercessor before the throne of God, wonder-worker of our day, I call upon you and seek your aid. You know that our marriage has not yet been blessed with a child and how much my husband and I desire this gift. Please present our fervent pleas to the Creator life, from whom all parenthood proceeds, and beseech him to bless us with a child whom we may raise as his child and heir of heaven. Amen.


For A Mother With Child:

Almighty and Everlasting God, through the power of the Holy Spirit, You prepared the body and soul of the Virgin Mary to be a worthy dwelling place of your divine Son. You sanctified Saint John the Baptist while still in his mother's womb. Listen now to my prayer. Through the intercession of Saint Gerard, watch over my child and me; protect us at the time of delivery. May my child receive the saving graces of baptism, lead a Christian life, and together with all the members of our family, attain, everlasting happiness in heaven. Amen.

1 comment:

Leticia said...

I just KNEW there was a hand at my back (besides my guardian angel) getting me to confession today!

Thanks for this post, I have a devotion to St. Gerard, and often visit his statue in my church, begging for just another child, PLEASE!!