Thursday, January 11, 2007

Eucharistic Reflection

EucharistPicture courtesy of Aci Prensa
H/T to Sue

"I want to tell them of the poignant sorrows which filled My Heart at the Last Supper. If it was bliss for Me to think of all those to whom I should be both Companion and Heavenly Food, of all who would surround Me to the End of Time with adoration, reparation, and love... this in no wise diminished My grief at the many who would leave Me deserted in My tabernacle and who would not even believe in My Real Presence".

Into how many hearts defiled by sin would I not have to enter... and how often this profanation of My Body and Blood would serve for their ultimate condemnation.

Sacrileges and outrages, and all the nameless abominations to be committed against Me, passed before My eyes... the long, lonely hours of the day and of the night in which I would remain alone on the altars... and the multitudes who would not heed the appeals of My Heart...

Ah! Josefa, let the thoughts of My Heart sink deep into yours.

It is love for souls that keeps Me a Prisoner in the Blessed Sacrament. I stay there that all may come and find the comfort they need in the tenderest of Hearts, the best of Fathers, the most faithful of Friends, who will never abandon them.

The Holy Eucharist is the invention of Love... Yet how few souls correspond to that love which spends and consumes itself for them!"

The Way of Divine Love
Words of Our Lord to Sr. Josefa Menendez

No comments: