Friday, May 15, 2009

More on Christopher West

If you recall, I recently posted an article regarding Dr. Alice von Hildebrand's criticism of Mr. West's approach to JPII's Theology of the Body.

I did state that I was unfamiliar with his work but that I had high respect to Dr. von Hildebrand.

Since then I have had a chance to listen and watch Mr. West online and what he has to say to married couples on the subject of the TOB.

Although, what I listened to was not in depth and or as complete as attending one of the West TOB conferences would be, I did get a good idea what Christopher West is teaching.

I thought what he had to say was very helpful and not at all as controversial as ABC Nightline portrayed it.

As I also mentioned many fellow Catholics I respect highly recommended his talks and this made it important to me to find out for myself.

I guess the only way to find out what Mr. West has to say is to listen to him for yourself and then make an educated decision for yourself.

I only wish I were in Hawaii for his upcoming talk.

There is an article someone shared on Twitter that I thought you may want to read.

Saints and Surrender's: Jealous of Christopher West: Then Do it Better

twitter / catholicmominHI

6 comments:

Therese said...

My husband has listened to the complete series of tapes put out by Christopher West. He has a great respect for him and thinks that his tape series is wonderful.

Pamela said...

Thank you for this post. I've been very disappointed in the criticism of West lately. He is being unnecessarily slammed...or at best very misunderstood. I still love his work.

Michelle said...

We were blessed to live in the same diocese as Mr. West. I found his talks on TOB to be enlightening, educational and uplifting. My teens have listened to him speak as well.

Kathy said...

Christopher West is awesome. Thanks for the post.

Please consider offering your rosaries( scandal at Notre Dame) see my blog for details. Thank you!

Chris Faddis said...

Great Post CatholicMom! Thanks for taking the time to get the whole story for yourself before judging. There are a lot of different approaches to teaching ToB - then again there are lots of approaches to any topic.

The more time you spend w/West's material the more you understand the depth of what he teaches. He also goes deeper and deeper the further you go w/his talks. I would definitely encourage you to keep checking him out!

Thanks again and I like your blog. Also if your readers want a little more info on the story they can check out my blog where I have the full picture in one post. http://livinggracefully.blogspot.com

EC Gefroh said...

Thanks for your comments on Chris. West everyone. Thanks Chris!