Picture source Rosary a Day
Sarah of Just Another Day of Catholic Pondering has outdone herself if that is possible, with hosting this week's Loveliness Fair, featuring the Holy Rosary.
I hope you take the time to visit each and every one of the entries. I know I will.
What a lovely way for Catholic women to honor our Blessed Mother!
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Friday, May 16, 2008
Carl Heinrich Bloch (May 23, 1834 – February 22, 1890) was a Danish painter.source here
He was born in Copenhagen and studied with Wilhelm Marstrand at the Royal Danish Academy of Art (Det Kongelige Danske Kunstakademi) there.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
This post is 14 days late.
The following prayer is from Legionaries of Christ
Prayer for Our Military
O Prince of Peace, we humbly ask
Your protection for all our
men and women in military service.
Give them unflinching courage to
defend with honor, dignity and devotion
the rights of all who are imperiled by injustice
and evil. Guard our churches, our homes, our
schools, our hospitals, our factories,
our buildings, and all those within from harm and peril. Protect our land and its people
from enemies within and without.
Grant an early peace with victory
founded upon justice. Instill in the hearts
and minds of people everywhere a firm purpose
to live forever in peace and good will towards all.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Refrain: Ave, Ave, Ave Maria! Ave, Ave, Ave Maria!
1. In Fatima's Cove on the thirteenth of May, the Virgin Maria appeared at midday.
2. The Virgin Maria surrounded by light, God's Mother is ours, for she gives us this sight.
3. The world was then suffering from war, plague, and strife, and Portugal mourned for her great loss of life.
4. To three shepherd children the Virgin then spoke a message so hopeful, with peace for all folk.
5. With sweet Mother's pleading, she asked us to pray, do penance, be modest, the Rosary each day.
6. All Portugal heard what God's Mother did say, converted it sings of that Queen to this day.
7. We all must remember Our Lady's request, do all that she asks for, obey her requests.
8. She warned of behavior from which we must turn, of thoughts, words, and actions which Christians must spurn.
9. She told us that Jesus is so much offended, and asked that our living be firmly amended.
10. To her sad, sweet pleading our promise is made, that God's Law in all things be strongly obeyed.
11. From nation to nation her fair name is praised, as souls from sin's bondage are contritely raised.
12. Our thanks to the Godhead, whose ways are so sure, for giving us Mary, our Mother Most Pure.
13. Our hearts, overflowing with kindness and love, thank her for God's graces bestowed from above.
14. Hail, Refuge of sinners! Hail, Star of the Sea! Hail, Queen of Creation! Our hope is in thee.
15. All hail, Virgin Mary! This Star guides our way, our country's Protectress, America's Way!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Shared by Sue
Why should you worry if Jesus wants to make you reach the heavenly homeland through deserts or fields, when we get to blessed eternity anyway either by one or the other? Cast aside all excessive preoccupations that derive from the trials the good God sends you; and if this is not possible, do not think about it and be resigned in everything to the Divine Will.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Come, Holy Ghost, Creator blest,
And in our souls take up your rest;
Come with your grace and heavenly aid
To fill the hearts which you have made.
O Comforter, to you we cry,
O heavenly gift of God Most High,
O fount of life and fire of love,
And sweet anointing from above.
You in your sevenfold gifts are known;
You, finger of God's hand we own;
You, promise of the Father, you
Who do the tongue with power imbue.
Kindle our senses from above,
And make our hearts overflow with love;
With patience firm and virtue high
The weakness of our flesh supply.
Far from us drive the foe we dread,
And grant us your peace instead;
So shall we not, with you for guide,
Turn from the path of life aside.
Oh, may your grace on us bestow
The Father and the Son to know;
And you, through endless times confessed,
Of both the eternal Spirit blest.
Now to the Father and the Son,
Who rose from death, be glory given,
With you, O holy Comforter,
Henceforth by all in earth and heaven.