Sunday, May 10, 2009

Feast of Blessed Damien of Molokai

Bl. Damien by Clifford
Painting of Father Damien by Edward Clifford


God and Father of all gifts,
We praise you, the Source of all we have, and are!
We thank you for our beloved Blessed Damien, servant of
God and Servant of humanity, of the Congregation of the
Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary, who ministered to the
people of Kalawao and Kalaupapa, on the island of Molokai.
On this beautiful day, we honor him as we honor you!
Teach us to acknowledge always the many good things
your infinite love has given us.
Help us to love you with all our heart.
For yo have said, "love one another as I have loved you!"
(John 15:12)
We ask this through Our lord Jesus Christ.
Amen.

E ke Akua, ka Makua o na makana a pau, Hoonani makou ia 'oe,
ke kumu no na mea a pau i loa'a ia makou!
Ho'omaika'i makou ia 'oe no Kamiano ka Pomaika'i, kaua a ke Akua,
a kaua no ho'i o ka lahui kanaka a me ka 'aha pule o Na Pu'uwai
Ho'ano o Iesu a me Malia, ka mea nana i lawelawe i ka po'e o
Kalawao a me Kalaupapa, ma ka mokupuni 'o Molokai. I keia la
maika'i, ho'onami makou ia ia e like me ko makou ho'onani 'ana ia oe!
A'o mai ia makou e mahalo mau i ka nui o na mea maika'i a kou
aloha palena 'ole i ha'awi mai ai ia makou. Kokua mai ia makou e
aloha aku ia oe me ko makou pu'uwai a pau.
No ka mea, nau no i olelo mai: I aloha ai 'oukou i kekahi i kekahi,
e like me a'u i aloha aku ai ia 'oukou!"
(Ioane 15:12).
Ke noi aku nei makou i keia mau mea ma o ko makou Haku o Iesu Kristo.
'Amene.
English and Hawaiian Prayer by Fr. Christopher Keahi, SS.CC., Superior of the Hawaii Province of the Congregation of the Sacred Hearts.

Note: Mahalo to Fr. Emilio Vega Garcia, SS.CC and former vice-postulator for Bl. Damien's Cause for posting a comment reminding me today was Fr. Damien's feast day!! How could I forget.

Blessed Damien in Blessed Sacrament

This painting of Father Damien was given as a gift to Fr. Patrick, the Pastor of Blessed Sacrament Church in Paterson, New Jersey. The painting now has a prominent place on the wall as you enter the Church.


twitter / catholicmominHI

No comments: