Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dr. Alice Von Hildebrand - On Christopher West's TOB

Alice von Hildebrand
Note: Christopher West recently gave a Nightline interview which may have cast him in a bad light.

He is scheduled to give a series of talks in Hawaii soon.

I do not know much about his teachings which are based on Pope John Paul II's Theology of the Body. However, I know many strong Catholics who highly recommend his talks. I also have great admiration for Dr. Alice von Hildebrand and I listen carefully to what she says.
Renowned Catholic thinker Dr. Alice von Hildebrand has criticized Theology of the Body speaker Christopher West, saying his approach has become too self-assured. She criticized his presentations as irreverent and insensitive to the “tremendous dangers” of concupiscence...
CNA Article

twitter / catholicmominHI

8 comments:

elena maria vidal said...

I think Dr. Alice makes some good points.

EC Gefroh said...

She certainly does.

Alexandra said...

This was really good reading! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Nightline didn't cast him in a bad light. He did it himself. I find both him and "theology of the body" vulgar and crude.

Mr. West needs many prayers.

Marian

Anonymous said...

One more thing.

Dr. von Hildebrand is a real lady. In case you haven't noticed, they're a dying breed.

I'm sorry if I sound too harsh but I am very passionate about this subject. The past 45 years have done incalculable harm to women.

Give Honey a hug for me!

Marian

EC Gefroh said...

YW Alexandra.

Marian, I have to read or listen for myself what CW has to say. But I agree with you on Dr. von Hildebrand.
BTW, did you see my comment about attending May 13th Blue Army Shrine Mass? We went yesterday. I was hoping you would be there.

Anonymous said...

Esther: I live on the West Coast (not to mention the state of poverty near destitution)!

Marian

EC Gefroh said...

Marian, I'm sorry. I thought you were in NJ.