Friday, February 04, 2011

Reparation to the Sacred Heart


O Sacred Heart of Jesus, Your loving Heart is subjected throughout the world to cruel indifferences, injury and sacrilege. Mindful of my own failing to show You proper adoration and love, I come to You now to ask Y our forgiveness for myself and for the sins of others.


- I seek to offer atonement for the sins of those straying from the path of salvation who refuse to follow You, their Shepherd and Leader, and


- who strike out against our chief Vicar on earth, our holy Father, the Pope.


- Many have renounced their baptismal vows and cast off the sweet yoke of Your law. Bring them back, dear Shepherd of our souls.


- I desire to make amends for the many offenses against Christian modesty in unbecoming dress and behavior,


- for the foul seductions which ensnare the feet of innocent children and youth and


- for the blasphemies uttered against You and Your saints.


- I wish to make amends to Your most Sacred Heart for the insults in which Your chief Vicar on earth and Your priests are subjected and



- for those who neglect or receive You in sacrilege in the very Sacrament of Your Divine love while not in the state of sanctifying grace.


- I wish to offer reparation for the public crimes of nations who resist the rights and the teaching authority of the Church which You have founded and for governments which permit the murders of innocent human beings by abortion, even before these children have seen the light of day.


- I offer to Your eternal. Father that Sacrifice Your Sacred Heart once made on the Cross as perpetuated on our altars today.


- I offer this act of atonement in union with Your ever-Virgin Mother as she stood beneath the Cross and I join my intention to those of all the Saints and pious faithful throughout the world.



Henceforth, I shall live a life of uncompromising faith, in purity of conduct, in the observance of the precepts of the Gospel especially that of charity. I promise to influence others to the best of my ability not to offend you.

Amen.

-Prayerbook for Catholics, Father Robert J. Fox

4 comments:

Anne said...

Esther, these pictures are gorgeous!

EC Gefroh said...

Glad you enjoyed them, Anne.

Anna B. said...

Beautiful prayer cards..

EC Gefroh said...

Thanks Anna.