Monday, February 23, 2009

A Husband and Wife's Examination of Conscience

Marriage
- Have I neglected the spiritual care of my spouse?

- Have I allowed the busyness of life to crowd out my primary responsibility of caring for the spiritual needs of my spouse?

- Have I put my own needs and desires ahead of the spiritual needs of my spouse?

- Have I done anything that distracts my spouse from his/her spiritual desires? Have I failed to nurture the spiritual interests of my spouse?

- Have I allowed my own fears or feelings of inadequacy to hinder spiritual activities with my spouse (i.e. prayer together)?

The foregoing is from a new blog I am following Catholic Spiritual Direction - Marital Spirituality Examination of Conscience. Be sure that you and your spouse read the rest of that post.

2 comments:

Joyful Days said...

This is wonderful. Thanks Esther!

EC Gefroh said...

Julie :-)