Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Prayer for Lent

40 Days


Gracious Savior,
You have given us this season of Lent
so that we might open ourselves
more fully to your saving grace and new life.
By our fasting, prayer and almsgiving,
may we realize anew that we rely on You
in all things.
Your gift of grace makes all good things possible,
including our desire to reject sin and return to you.
Grant your people a spirit of reconciliation this Lent
so that we may forgive one another as you have forgiven us.
Amen.

From a holy card.

5 comments:

Spence Ohana said...

Beautiful, I shared this prayer by emailing it out to family and friends.

Marie said...

AMEN & AMEN!

Wishing you a Holy & Sacred Lent my friend:)

peace, joy and love to you:)

marie xooxoxoxo

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

This prayer is so beautiful and perfect for Lent . . . may I have permission to 're-print' on my blog with credit to your blog?

Also, how do I follow you on Twitter? I just started and don't know how to "find" people to follow.

Have a beautiful, reflective Lenten day.

Love, Roz

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

Thank you Esther . . . and I'll follow your Twitter directions as well. Hope you're having a beautiful 'aloha' day! One of my students from Britain will be visiting Kuaui in one week for Spring Break. He will be amazed at the beauty! Love, Roz

EC Gefroh said...

Wonderful! Glad you all liked it.

Roz, YW :-)