Friday, February 27, 2009

A Mother's Quiz

Mother
Thanks to Elena for sharing this. She used it as an Examination of Conscience which is very fitting during this season of Lent.

A Mother’s Quiz

MY CHILDREN

Do my children say their morning and night prayers?

Are my children trained to be polite at all times?

Do I teach my children to be good losers at play?

Do I fail to recognize faults in my children because they are mine?

Are my children learning to be calm when things go wrong because I myself am a patient mother?

Are my children learning to be charitable and tolerant of the faults of others because I am charitable and tolerant?

Have I fulfilled my obligations of instructing my children regarding holy purity, or have I allowed them to shift for themselves, getting their ideas from other boys and girls, bad movies and pictures, ungodly literature?

MY HOME

Is Christ the center of my life and of all that is done in my home?

Is there a picture of Christ or His Mother in my living room and not just in the bedrooms?

Is there a holy water font in each bedroom of my home?

Do the members of my family pray grace before and after meals?

Do my children know the Angelus because we recite it before grace in our home at noon and in the evening?

Would Christ approve of the magazines and comic books I allow into my home?

Is my phone used to receive and spread noble thoughts?


3 comments:

Tracy said...

This is Very good, thank you so much for sharing it.

Lisa said...

Wow. Excellent list! OK if I share it?

EC Gefroh said...

My pleasure Tracy

Lisa, sure, be my guest :-)