Tuesday, October 02, 2007

So Many Books! So Little Time!

If you recall, I mentioned that Peter of Antique Mall Books had some out-of-print Catholic books. Well, what I forgot to mention was that I ordered a couple of books from him. I purchased Treasure in Clay, the Autobiography of Fulton J. Sheen and The Admirable Heart of Mary by Saint John Eudes. A short blurb from the book states:
"The Admirable Heart of Mary by St. John Eudes is the first complete work ever to be published on the devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary..." It was published in 1948 and has a foreword by The Most Reverend Richard J. Cushing.
Peter had a first edition of the Sheen book but I bought the less expensive hardcover book. Both books arrived in excellent condition; well wrapped and packaged. I chose the pricier priority mail option because from experience media mail shipping to Hawaii can take from 4 to 6 weeks. I did not want to wait that long.

What a surprise when I opened the box yesterday! Peter had included the most beautiful Holy Card of our blessed Mother!! What a nice man! No wonder to me that he has Hawaii ties. Mahalo again Peter. I can't wait to read the AB Fulton Sheen book.

But that will have to wait because on the reading agenda are the following books:

Saints Behaving Badly which I finally got around to reading.

The Thrill of the Chaste which in all honesty I put aside to read the Saints book.

and a couple of other books.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Oooooh, I love a good book find! Congratulations. And, what a sweet thing to tuck into the package.

EC Gefroh said...

It really was Mimi!