Monday, October 01, 2007

Feast Day of St. Therese of Lisieux

St2
ST
rose
Prayer for Students

God, our Father and Creator through the intercession of St. Thérèse, we ask for insight and wisdom to see the signs of Your Love in the people and in the events of our lives.

May we discern what we have to do as students and give us the strength to do it. Grant us success in our work and examinations.

Help us to believe in Your Great Love for each one of us, so that we may live in truth and radiate Your Love in our lives. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
rose
St. Thérèse’s Prayer for Priests

‘O Holy Father, may the torrents of love flowing from the sacred wounds of Thy Divine Son bring forth priests like unto the beloved disciple John who stood at the foot of the Cross; priests: who as a pledge of Thine own most tender love will lovingly give Thy Divine Son to the souls of men.

May Thy priests be faithful guardians of Thy Church, as John was of Mary, whom he received into his house. Taught by this loving Mother who suffered so much on Calvary, may they display a mother’s care and thoughtfulness towards Thy children. May they teach souls to enter into close union with Thee through Mary who, as the Gate of Heaven, is specially the guardian of the treasures of Thy Divine Heart.

Give us priests who are on fire, and who are true children of Mary, priests who will give Jesus to souls with the same tenderness and care with which Mary carried the Little Child of Bethlehem.

Mother of sorrows and of love, out of compassion for Thy beloved Son, open in our hearts deep wells of love, so that we may console Him and give Him a generation of priests formed in thy school and having all the tender thoughtfulness of thine own spotless love.’

Source: The Official St. Therese Website

In honor of today's feast day, we will be watching that lovely little movie Therese.

9 comments:

Michele said...

i had some experiences if you want to call it that, with 2 statues of Saint Therese. One, a few years ago, i was in Mass, and i entered the church and sat down. i felt a strange urge to look at the statue, so i did, and it was smiling at me. after Mass, I asked father to come over and i said to him, father, doesn't saint therese have a lovely smile? he said to me, marilena, saint therese is not smiling, but iam sure she has a nice smile. i said, father, but she is smiling! i smelt flowers inside the church, like wild flowers, and i said to father, father, that is very nice air freshener you use here! he said, we do not use air freshener! i said, well don't you smell the flowers? he said no, i don't. i asked my hubby if she smelt the flowers, and again, the answer was no. i thought ok, i wont ask again.

the second time a saint therese statue smiled at me was during Mass again. I was sitting down in the pew with my hubby, and in the front near the altar, is a life size statue of saint therese. we were sitting in our usual spot not to far in the back row. i looked up at the altar, and suddenly turned my head, and there was saint therese smiling at me. well, i got a bit alarmed and looked away. a bit later on, i looked again at the altar and turned my head and she was still smiling at me. so after Mass, i went up to the statue as i wanted to see if the sculptor had painted a smile on her face, and there were people around. so i beckoned my hubby to come over, and he did, the people left. so not wanting to make a spectacle out of myself, i looked quickly at the statue and there was no smile on her face at all. none. i said to my husband, there is no smile painted on her face. she is not smiling.

so i left Mass, and to this day, i cannot figure out why the statues smiled at me.krr

Michele said...

sorry, the krr words at the end of the post was typing in the word verification! sorry!

Therese said...

What a wonderful story Marilena. I would love to see the movie St. Therese. It didn't come out here. I should look into getting it sent down on dvd.

Michele said...

you can buy in Ebay.

EC Gefroh said...

Wow DM what a story to share. I have a similar one that happened to my friend. At the Co-Cathedral, there is a small statue of St. Therese at the entrance of the Adoration Chapel. My friend told me she saw tears in her eyes. She tried to tell the priest who was there at the time but I don't think he believed her. I do.

Therese, if you have a Daughters of St. Paul or actually all video stores carry the DVD.

Michele said...

well, iam sorry ot hear that the priest didn't believe her. but i guess they do have to be skeptical because not all things are as they seem. but i for one believe her especially after what happened to me. iam totally sound in mind, and i heard nuns singing in my home briefly one morning while i got out of bed, and as i was walking up the stairs, i heard very briefly nuns singing. i was alarmed, and thought my hearing was going, so that night i went to my family doctor, and asked him to check my hearing which he did. he saw nothing wrong with my ears. i thought i had lost my marbles!!! but nope, not yet anyways:)

Michele said...

one other thing, i even checked outside to see if someone was playing music in their car but nope, no music. i opened all my windows to see if neighbors were playing choir type music, but nope. it was really early in the morning, like around 6am. iam the only one who heard it. i asked my hubby and he heard nothing. i told the priest about it, and he told me that maybe it was a grace from God. i don't know. but it alarmed me when i heard it trust me. i was wondering who the heck would be singing that early in the morning! it sounded like a choir of nuns! it really did!

Kathleen Jean said...

I believe you all. Glad I found you.God bless, Kathleen

EC Gefroh said...

Glad you found us too Kathleen Jean.