Monday, September 10, 2007

Bible Verses for Comfort

Shared by Sue C.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

2 Corinthians 1
The God of All Comfort
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God

Psalm 55
22 Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.

1 Peter 5
6Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.
7Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Matthew 11 28-30
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you
and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

(Revelation 3:20)
'"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, (then) I will enter his house and dine with him, and he with me.

(Matthew 7:7-8)
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened for you. For everyone who asks, receives; he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

(Philippians 4:6-7)
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

(1 John 5:14)
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

Philippians 4:11-13
11I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.


"In the world you will have distress, but do not be concerned; I have overcome the world" (John 16: 33)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matthew 11 28-30
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you
and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

I remember when I first came down with M.E. I was bed ridden for 2 years. I had lost my sense of balance and could no longer get around. I could not concentrate either, so reading books or watching the TV was useless.

This was a time of spiritual desolation for me. But I would read everynight this verse from Matthew, it gave me such comfort.

Thankyou Esther:)...I have not been well for a few days and to come and once again see that verse.It reminded me of my blessings.

Peace & blessings to you Esther:)

Marie

EC Gefroh said...

I love that verse too Marie. BTW what is ME? I am sorry to read you have not been well. I hope and pray you will be better soon.
God bless,

Anonymous said...

M.E. stands for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis better known as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Right now my joints have been so painful...it is painful just to move let alone walk.

I must look a sight at night with heating pads on my ankles, knees and hips lol...but God is Good He helps me get through it:)

Peace & blessings to you Esther:)

Marie

EC Gefroh said...

Oh! That must be so draining on your health Marie! I wonder if there is a holistic way of dealing with this illness.

Unknown said...

May God bless both of for sharing God's Word.

Unknown said...

May God bless both of you, Esther and Marie.

Unknown said...

May God Bless you both Esther& Marie

EC Gefroh said...

Thank you Basil. God bless.