Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Beautiful Traditional Catholic Music

Immaculate Conception
Picture courtesy of Aida Yared and used with permission.

My friend Shana was kind enough to share the link to this beautiful site with me.
Robert Parsons was an English composer of liturgical music in the late Renaissance (Tudor era, he died in 1570). Here are some of his compositions to download or to print for a choir presented by Columbia University's Vox Ensamble. Live concert, so occasional coughs or paper rustling is heard - but boy - is this gorgeous!!

If I were you, I'd go for the finest piece in the collection and listen to the absolutely heavenly Ave Maria (listed under 'Sound Recordings')

Under the title, you can also select "English Works" by the same author,
and go to that page with more music for you do download and enjoy. Love
the Te Deum and the Magnificat!

In the Sacred & Immaculate Hearts - shana
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

CLICK HERE

2 comments:

Matthew said...

Thank you. I really liked that website.

EC Gefroh said...

I'm so glad you liked it SM!