Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Hour Prayer - For the Holy Souls

OLOKPicture courtesy of THIS SITE

Thanks Sue!


This is an old Irish prayer for the holy souls and dedicates each hour of the day to them. It goes:

Dear Lord, this hour I give to Thee,
For all my past O pardon me,
I know my soul must soon depart,
So hide me in Thy Sacred Heart

Turn to Jesus, Mary, turn,
Call Him by His dearest name,
Plead for the holy souls that burn
This hour within the cleansing flame.

If you memorise this prayer and repeat if frequently during the day you will find it gives you much comfort also for it is a prayer to protect you at the moment of your own death.

To learn more about Masses for the Holy Souls, and participating in FOSS, please visit Knock Novena. The above noted prayer has been passed to me by them.

Agnus Dei qui tollis peccata mundi dona eis requiem

No comments: