Monday, May 16, 2011
More on Fr. Mitch's Talk at the Marian Conference - Divine Mercy and Avoiding hell
Picture source Jackie's blog
Father "Mitch" explained how one can avoid hell. One way is through consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. St. Louis de Montfort's total consecration would be highly recommended.
Other ways are through:
1. Reading scripture
2. Divine Mercy
3. Monthly confession
4. Holy Mass and Holy Communion
On Divine Mercy:
Pope John Paul II helped spread the message of Divine Mercy throughout the world.
Jesus told Sister Faustina that He bore a special love for Poland.
"Find peace and the world will find happiness".
Jesus said: "Mercy is the greatest attribute of God."
- The miracle of Divine Mercy restores the soul fully.
- The devil tempts us to sin and then instills in us a fear of going to confession.
- It is the unseen sign of God's presence.
- The absolution of sin is a greater miracle than the creation of man or the world.
- Remember, priests are Persona Christi; that is Jesus Himself.
On Examination of Conscience:
- humbly stand naked and look into yourself and ask yourself "Have I given myself completely to Jesus?"
- consider all the sins committed since your last confession, especially those sins that caused Jesus so many wounds.
- After committing mortal sins we have to go immediately to confession. This cannot wait or it will poison our spiritual life and cause catastrophe in our souls.
Recommended reading: St. Maria Faustina Kowalska Apostle of the Divine Mercy, First Saint of the Third Millenium
The Power of Divine Mercy
Where the Greatest Miracles Take Place.