|Altar - Cathedral of Our Lady of Peace, Honolulu|
Peace - "Being able to put up with ill-treatment."
- Peace in your own soul first of all, then you can think about making peace between other people.
- When a man is at the mercy of his own feelings, he misinterprets the most innocent actions, always ready to believe the worst.
- There should only be one target for all this angry resentment - yourself.
- When people are difficult and cross-grained, when they get out of hand and keep on contradicting us, to keep on good terms with them... that needs a lot of grace.
- Freedom will only come to you in full measure when you make God's will and your neighbor's good your sole aim; your sole consideration.
- The moment you tackle the business of self-conquest thoroughly, and trudge manfully along the path of God's will, you make no account of the difficulties that seemed, until now, insurmountable.
- Book II Chapter Three, Imitation of Christ