Sunday, September 20, 2009

Rest in Peace Father Raymond!

Fr. Raymond BeachPicture source Franciscan Friars Holy Province

It was deep sadness that I learned today that family friend Fr. Raymond Beach passed away. He had been one of my sister's really good friend and spiritual director for over 20 years.

I am glad I had a chance to visit with him when I was in New Jersey a few months ago. My sister and I had a nice chat with Father as he recuperated from an accidental fall.

A bittersweet thought I had when learning of Fr. Raymond's passing is that it was too bad that my brother in law was not able to have the family of boxer Jim Braddock (Cinderella Man)contact Fr. Raymond. He really would have liked that. Fr. Raymond had been the altar server at Jim Braddock's wedding. In my brother in law's defense, it was not for lack of trying. But I am sure Fr. Raymond and Jim Braddock will meet up in Heaven. He was a good and faithful priest.

Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord,
and may Your perpetual light shine upon him.
May Father Raymond rest in peace.

Amen.

4 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Esther, I just looked at the obit you linked to. I think Father Raymond must have baptized me! He was at St. Francis in Wanaque from 1961 to 1970....Yup, just found my baptism certificate and indeed he did baptize me.
May he rest in peace and may eternal light shine upon him.

Tracy said...

May he rest in peace.

Mimi said...

May his Memory be Eternal.

EC Gefroh said...

Barb, it is indeed a small world (even if we are both from NJ). My sister was amazed when I told her. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for your prayers ladies.