Thursday, January 22, 2009

Act Of Hope Before Holy Communion

Jesus Holy Communion

O Christ Jesus, I am sinful dust and ashes,
but Thou callest to Thee all who labour and are burdened,
that Thou mayest refresh them.
Art not Thou my refuge?
To whom else shall I go?
Thou hast the words of eternal life,
Thou alone canst comfort me in every trouble.

Lord, I am weak and sick,
but Thou art my salvation.

Those who are well need not a physician,
but those who are sick.
Therefore I come to Thee,
my physician and my refuge,
hoping that this Communion may be to me
the increase of Faith, Hope, and Charity;
a firm defence against the snares of my enemies;
a help to the removal of the fault and defect of

(Mention your faults here...),

and to the bringing forth of works well pleasing unto Thee,

especially...,

and a pledge of future glory.
This is the hope and desire which I cherish in my heart,
for Thou art compassionate and of tender mercy,
and in all Thy promises most faithful.

Amen.

Source

Shared by ">Sue

No comments: