Saturday, September 29, 2007

Feast of the Archangels Michael, Gabriel and Raphael

st michael
st gabriel
st raphaelIt just so happens that St. Michael is my patron saint this year!

The feast of the three archangels- Sts. Michael, Gabriel and Raphael- will be commemorated on September 29.

St. Michael whose name means “Who is like God” was the archangel who fought against Satan and all his evil angels, defending all the friends of God. He is the protector of all humanity from the snares of the devil.

St. Gabriel which means “Strength of God” announced to Zachariah the forthcoming birth of John the Baptist, and to Mary, the birth of Jesus. His greeting to the Virgin, "Hail, full of grace," is one of the most familiar and frequent prayers of the Christian people.

St Raphael meaning “Medicine of God” is the archangel who took care of Tobias on his journey.
"And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels (going forth) to war with the dragon; and the dragon warred and his angels" - Revelation 12:7

For more prayers, litanies, information on archangels, please be sure to visit St. Michael's Center for the Blessed Virgin Mary located in the beautiful state of Hawaii.

5 comments:

Mimi said...

St. Michael the Archangel is my Patron Saint (but the Orthodox Feast Day is in November). Happy Feast Day!

Anonymous said...

Michael is my lil bro's name, may I request prayers for him to return back to One True Church.
He got brainwashed by evangelicals on campus at our college!!!@##$%
thanks guys!

EC Gefroh said...

Mahalo Mimi and thanks for that bit of trivia.

MM, praying! I'd ask for prayers for my one of my brothers whose name is Rafael.

Jean Heimann said...

Happy Feast Day, Esther! I love this feast day - these archangels are so powerful that I pray to them as often as possible!
I love your images! They so beautiful!

Both my brother and his teenage son (about Joey's age) are named Michael and are really in need of his protection. I gave Michael Jr. a statue of St. Michael for Christmas (He has never been educated in the faith as my brother has been away for sometime.) and didn't know how either of them would react to it. They both graciously accepted it and keep it on display in their living room. I told Michael Jr. the story of St. Michael the Archangel and he listened intently.

I pray to St. Michael daily for myself, my dh, and family.

St. Raphael is a wonderful intercessor for healing: spiritually, emotionally, physically, and psychologically.

May the Sts. Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael remain close to you and your family, keep you safe, and assist you in time of need.

I will pray for Rafael!
Will you pray for my Michaels?

God bless you!

EC Gefroh said...

Certainly Jean. Your dear Michaels will be remembered in my prayers. Mahalo for praying for my dear brother too.