Monday, September 03, 2007

The Elderly

Ginny of A View From the Pews has written a heartfelt column on the elderly. Her post made me cry because Ginny really touched on how society is sometimes so unfeeling and insensitive to them.

I must share something with you but I hope Joey doesn't read this. Even as a little boy, most of his friends which he made through us, were elderly. They treated him kindly, gave him little gifts, made him laugh. There was Adelaida, Lu, Roger, Fr. Pasquale, and so many others. Sadly many of them have since passed away. After the death of one of his elderly friends, Joey told me, "Please stop making friends with the elderly". He said this because it hurt him so much when they died.

I will be sharing the following video link with you one more time:

A Parent's Wish

No comments: