Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Conversation With Christ

From the daily e-letter.

Conversation with Christ: Lord, I want to live my life for you. I don’t want to chase after the passing pleasures of this world. I want to set my heart and mind on fulfilling your will and accomplishing the plans you have set for me. Help me to know your will. Inflame my heart to love your will. Strengthen my will to carry it out as perfectly as you ask of me. Please grant me the graces that I will need to respond faithfully to your holy inspirations.

Resolution: I will look for something positive to say about my parish priest and share this with others.

Well, although I don't know our new parish priest very well, I was impressed by the fact that he genuflected before the Blessed Sacrament as he approached the Altar, during the Processional. By his example, people in their pews were made more aware of the Real Presence.

2 comments:

Micki said...

Great column. I love seeing people acknowledge the blessed sacrament. My pet peeve is people coming into church like they are at the great meeting hall where people come to catch up on local news and gossip. I'm happy you seem to have a priest who will continue to set a good example.

EC Gefroh said...

Yes, and it is a gesture like genuflecting that speaks volumes.