Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Blessed John XXIII - The School of Jesus

Picture source via Pinterest.

Even as a young boy in the seminary, Pope John XXIII tried to love God with all his heart and soul.  The following is from an entry he made before starting his vacation:

"In the vacation there are no more classes in science or literature, but in the Blessed Sacrament a heavenly school is open to me, with the best Teacher one can possibly imagine, Jesus Christ himself. And the two chief subjects taught in this school are:  humility and love.

So I will go to the school of Jesus; there I will learn to be always humble and loving. May God and the most holy Virgin help me and make me worthy to listen to these divine lessons and to learn from the.  The former students, my models, are the saints, my fellow students are those just souls who live only to serve the honour of God and to extend the boundaries of the kingdom of Jesus Christ...."

July 19th, Tuesday - Journal of a Soul

No comments: